View Single Post
Old
09-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
[QUOTE=SLake;36891073]He still looks very strong, but has noticeably lost weight in his midsection and it is showing in terms of speed. I'm guessing he worked hard this summer to build muscle and lose the bulk...

Crispy is brutal to listen to on the radio. Pete is good by himself, but gets sidetracked by Crisp. Callahan is used to doing it on his own, so he doesn't get as sidetracked...but is still better without Crispy. I love Crispy on TV though...

I have got to repeat myself here, just to make my point about the weight loss. His listed weight NHL remains the same. I am telling you, this guy has no weight to lose! His body fat has been WAY too low for years! He may be faster, but it has nothing to do with slimming down! I read an article from way back in the days before BU, that his body fat was alarmingly (if that is a word) low,and had trouble with keeping any body fat.
As far as Crispy goes, I agree. I think he sidetracks the other guy!
I really don't know about Wilson honestly. I noticed on the first day of camp and others agreed and started mentioning it to me without any prompting. He looks as big in his shoulders/arms and probably a little bigger in his legs, but his midsection is about an inch or so less...

Dan Ellis had a serious issue with hydration, the Predators sent him to the Gatorade clinic to address it. I'm sure if Wilson has an issue with body fat they'll address it in a similar manner.

All I know is I'm happy with him right now. He appears to have picked up where he left off last season in the playoffs as being engaged, willing to battle, and using his teammates effectively to create offense. I really hope these goals in the preseason pay off in terms of confidence and helps him carry that play into the regular season.

He's extremely skilled, it was his maturity and commitment that was in question. To me, he's made a major step to correcting that coming to camp looking like he worked hard in the offseason and thus far showing that he really learned from his benching last year in the playoffs. He is saying the right things in the media and really proving it on the ice as well...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote