Thread: Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 6-3 to the Dallas Stars
View Single Post
Old
09-20-2011, 10:39 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Outside of the usual suspects I thought Weber and Diaz looked great tonight. I felt Tinordi got better as the game progressed but made some pretty glaring mistakes, to be expected out of a junior this far away from being NHL level.

I thought Yemelin was alright but I was most impressed with Andrei Kostitsyn. I felt he gave a good effort and often times was the best player on the ice by a fair margin. He seems to be in good shape and playing well. Obviously the competition wasn't exactly amazing but it lends good support to the 3rd liner theory. He looked like he really wanted to show management he deserved ice time and PP time.

Difficult decisions will have to be made if he keeps it up. Cole looked great, Cammy had a couple good chances, Plekanec seemed a bit rusty as did Price but I wouldn't say the goals were really his fault. The d wasn't exactly helping him all that much.

It was an exciting game none the less and we had a strong 2nd period. 3rd period we had some pretty strong stretches but failed to convert. Also Wowytika(sp?) was surprisingly decent. Could potentially be a call up.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote