View Single Post
Old
09-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Steve Simmons (Toronto Sun): Flyers GM denies rumours about Richards, Carter trades

Quote:
TORONTO - Paul Holmgren categorically denies that off-ice issues led to the trading away of centres Mike Richards and Jeff Carter and the stunning remake of the Philadelphia Flyers.

In fact, the mere suggestion of inappropriate behaviour and the multitude of rumours that have surrounded the controversial transactions, angers the quiet Holmgren.

“That (off-ice behavior) had nothing to do with it, nothing to do it,” said Holmgren, the Flyers general manager. “They were young guys with a lot of money who enjoyed their life. And a lot was made of that. And why wouldn’t they? Wouldn’t you?

“A lot of has been said about this, too much really. There have been all kinds of stuff out there, and it’s untrue. Because they were quiet kids and weren’t good with the media, I think some of that came back to them. I think they paid for that. I don’t think it’s been fair. I think the world of both those kids. They gave their hearts and souls to our team.

“It wasn’t easy to do this. But we thought we had to do it.”
I Found Homers denial in this very powerful and interesting.

Full article can be found here:

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/20...-carter-trades

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-04-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote