View Single Post
Old
09-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Re; Bogosian, I think he's got enough tools to overcome his decision making in terms of when and when not to jump into the rush, what to do in his own end when he's only got that split second to make a decision, etc. The main thing I watched last night out of Bogosian was likely the most important thing, and that is confidence. He was confident in what he was doing, confident in his abilities, and you could tell. He made a few mistakes, but overall I think he did pretty well and displayed what kind of potential and tools he has and what kind of defenceman he can be. If he can ever put it all together - and I think he will, he could be one of the games better defenceman.

I personally think it's important to remember he is still just a 21 year old defenceman, and for a defenceman in the NHL, that is extremely young. While he has had 3 years experience under his belt, he's still so damn young. Give him time and be patient, that is key. To think in 4 years, which seems like a long time - he will still be just 25 years old and on the cusp of entering his prime years and at that point he'll have 7 years of NHL experience to his name.

At the end of the day, I think it's pretty clear and evident he's got the tools to be a potential top pairing defenceman, and a damn good one. However, I believe it's going to come down to coaching, experience and maturity. At his young age he is still quite raw and he needs that coach that can work with him and help him learn; I think Huddy is a great coach and person for that role for Zach.

Just another guys opinion. And the same could be said for any of our young guys in the NHL today, whether it be Kane or Burmistrov as well. Even Little, who turns 24 in November and has 4 years under his belt is still in the midst of putting it all together and figuring it out. It takes time and patience, but if the tools are there, and they're coachable, they've got a good chance.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff

Last edited by Guerzy: 09-21-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote