Thread: Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 6-3 to the Dallas Stars
View Single Post
Old
09-21-2011, 10:43 AM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Woywitka will be useful as the 3rd PMD backup, if we have injuries with Markov, Subban, Weber, Diaz or Yemelin. We only need 2.5 PMD on the roster at a time, and he proved he isn't totally useless. He just needs to know our system better.

He ain't great, but could prove to be a reliable backup.
Picard v.2. That's it.

Gill should had retire and Hamrlik should had been re-signed. Long season to forecast on D !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Emelin took me completly off guard (so to speak). He was way bettre with the puck that I thought he would be, and he was a lot more passive in his own zone that I thought he would be. But it's just one game.

Weber played tons of minutes last night, against good players most of the time, and while he got beat a few times, I think he showed he belongs to the NHL. The truth is that he will play third pairing minutes during the season, so I think he's ready to be a regular in that regard. I loved the takeaways he did against Morrow at one point, showing surprising strength behind the net.

It's just one game, but I think Diaz needs seasoning in the AHL.

It is a subjective I guess, but I fail to see what Engquist (sp?) brings to the game beside interesting positionning. Not physical, no offense, not winning draws, average defensively...

Blunden, on the other hand, was surprising. More speed that I thought, so his forechecking is more efficient.

Trotter showed falshes, but I still need to see him against 6 regular d-men and in a more tight game.

I agree with M. Brunet from Lapresse on Palushaj: lots of wind, very few result. I would have prefer to have a 20 goals scorer in D'Agostini.
Our 13th forward. The new Kostopoulos.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 09-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.
habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote