View Single Post
Old
09-21-2011, 12:56 PM
ORYX

vCash: 500
Whats hurt Bryzgalov before IMO was that the Coyotes were playing him too much in an effort to reach the playoffs.

Now I'm not saying the Flyers will breeze into the playoffs, but if they preform where we all think and know they can, the pressure wont be as immense on him to be in net for 60+ games allowing Bob a chance to see some more time.

Not only that, but with two very capable goalies, the Flyers will give Bob the net in some important games, to build his confidence and experience in those pressure cooker situtations.

Also what I'm thinking will happen is that they will push eachother beyond the typical starter/back-up relationship that exists on NHL teams. Bob is good enough to take several starts in a row if Bryz simply isnt getting the job done, and vice versa. There are more teams then not that if this was the situation, would be in for a rough patch of games until their consenus starter returned to form.

As others have mentioned, I am very very content with this tandem and would call it one of the best in the league with the potential to post the best numbers.

And while it was only exhibition, it didnt take the flyers long to get that first shutout eh!

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote