View Single Post
Old
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Well it was also just one game. Give him a chance to get his legs and head into the game. I like that Martin is getting Engqvist and Palushaj into the game tonight, especially Engqvist. It's clear to me that he's a Martin kind of player, and will give him every opportunity to make the club out of camp. Too bad for White that he's injured, because the battle is clearly Engqvist vs White for the 4th line center position. I think White will still make the club, but he might be in the press box if Engqvist continues to impress. Very important game for Engqvist tonight at center. Could get a substantial lead for the 4th line center spot if he looks good in faceoffs and defensive positioning. Should be very interesting to watch.

As far as Palushaj is concerned, i don't think there's any chance he makes the team out of camp. Not giving up on him at all, but the team is just too deep at the moment. Same goes for Trotter, i feel. Will be interesting to see how these players in particular progress over the year, and whether or not they will become superfluous in the organization, or too good to ignore.
I'm pretty sure the 4th line will be a combination of the following:

Darche - White - Moen - Engqvist

I'm pretty sure Moen plays all 82 games (barring an injury) and the other 3 guys rotate in depending on injuries, poor/good play and who we're playing. Nothing makes players turn the jets on better than a bit of competition.