View Single Post
Old
09-21-2011, 05:04 PM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
That's exactly who he reminded me of last night. Especially the one shift in the 3rd were he contained the Dallas forward (Vincour) down deep. He could've been a little more physical, but he still kept him to the outside and Vincour, while he did maintain possession, wasn't able to do much with it.

Many of you weren't impressed by him, but I thought he did alright. A couple more years of 'seasoning' and he'll be just fine.
Yeah, Tinordi gets ***** slapped around here something wicked, to the point of hatred really, and it's ridiculous. I thought he did fine too. He played better as the game went on, won some battles and lost some because he isn't strong enough...yet. The kid still has a lot of filling out to do. He's a bean pole.

His skating looks pretty solid to me. He did a series of really impressive cross-overs in the 1st period to get by a forechecker. You don't see that too often in a guy that big, so I understand completely why the Habs drafted him.

He needs at least two years just to fill out. At that age some guys are physically mature, and others aren't. Tinordi is in the latter category.

He has one more year in the OHL and two years of the AHL. We'll see how he progresses. I think he'll be an NHLer. He was always a project pick.

Also, Tinordi looked 6'6 or 6'7 to me last night. He's pretty tall.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote