View Single Post
Old
09-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Budsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Teams are scrambling to inquire about Turris. Its not just the Leafs in on this.

His pure talent and skillset are generating a lot of interest within the leauge.

The issue with Turris is that he wants a contract based on that (his ceiling and skillset), and not performace. Which is why Pheonix and the Turris camp have such different visions of his next contract.

Now with that being said, Turris has always been a bit of a whiner and complainer. A very good friend of mine had it out with two years ago while his team was playing Pheonix, and lets just say it soured my opinion of him.

But he's certainly talented, has room to grow as a person and a player and if he can do both of those, his ceiling could be a #1 Centre.

The jury is out on Turris right now, and he could go the boom/bust route. I personally dont think there's a middle ground when it comes to him.
I don't think Phoenix will get a lot for him, after all why would they give up on a high pick prospect, with his kind of potential, if there wasn't a lot more to it than just the money aspect of it.

"ChuckWoods" indicated he may be a head case and sometimes they can do more to undermine a team than help but he is an intriguing kind of player and I guess I would take a flyer on him if the price was right.

Budsfan is offline   Reply With Quote