View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 08:40 AM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar
There are those on this board who claim that at best Comrie is a second line center. Now Horcoff gets to start on the first line and suddenly our problems are solved? Horcoff will NEVER be a first line center and he will NEVER be better than Comrie. If by some miracle he plays most of the year as the Oilers first line center you can rest assured there is no playoff spot for us. I give him 2 games there at best.
oh yeah i couldnt agree more.... horcoff is *at best* a 2nd line center... and i dont think that he will solve our centre problems at all either.... im just happy that we finally have smyth playing back on the wing where he belongs.... basically i think that horcoff doesnt really need to do a whole lot on that line except to play some D and let smyth and hemmer to "do their thing" (i really do think that highly of both of them)..... also if stoll can prove is a reliable NHL centerman that also takes some pressure off lowe for getting a C in return for comrie, because stoll will eventually be a 3rd line C (everybody seems to think so anyhow)

now dont get me wrong, i still *want* a big scoring C in return for comrie, but i just dont think its gonna happen.... and if stoll can work out as a C for real, then it makes our situation look much better (as does the play of reasoner as well btw)