Thread: Post-Game Talk: Sabres win 3-1 (EN)
View Single Post
Old
09-21-2011, 10:56 PM
guapo23

vCash: 500
I was at the game tonight, sweet seats in the 6th row, at the faceoff dot in the Offensive zone (for 1st & 3rd periods).

I was very impressed with Gallagher and Beaulieu. Very dissapointed with Palushaj, Avstin, Enqvist. They did not look like young guys trying to force management to keep them.

Avstin was good during physical contact which surprised me. But I saw none of the skilled offensive plays I was expecting which is kinda disapointing.

Gallagher was all over the ice, you noticed him practically every shift. Very impressed with is play.

Henry was steady but thought I would see more physicality from him.

As for the veterans, PK, Desharnais and MaxPac stood out tonight. Desharnais was all over the ice, excellent on the forecheck, greaty positioning. Maxpac deliverfed big hits and created a lot of chances. PK took control of the game several times and delivered.

Budaj made some key saves in the 2nd that were pretty nice given how close we were to his net.

I was amazed at how small Buffalo's forwards are. Ennis and Gerbe looked smaller than Mats Naslund ! Add Roy and some of their other small forwards and they are seriously out-smurfing the Habs.

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote