View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 09:18 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax
Hi I am a Flames Season Ticket Holder....

Gauthier is Crap...'

5th 6th D-man at most....Big HIts....and really..nothing else...

Can't make a smooth outlet pass, doesn't have a good shot, is fundamental even defensively....

The guy is simply a big hitter ...people think Gauthier and then they think Kasparitis in teh same breath and while Gauthier really can hit with the best of em' he is not Kasparitis who is a much better all around defensman despite his propensity to be erratic....

Anyway, it pains me to say all of this because I want a good return for Gauthier....SOme Kings fans were offering like Cammellerli and MOdry and thinking it wasn't quite enough...like they'd have to throw in a pick or something..unbeliveable....

It's funny because for the most part FLames players are underated but with Gauthier he's overated.....

A top 4...? Not a chance in Hell...

Komi's right....the debate is over....
Why is the debate over? Because you're a Flame season ticket holder and I should respect your view more than my oen eyes? :p

There was never a debate. There were kids pushing their view on a player, and saying anyone who disagreed is wrong. That's idiocy, not a debate.

I stand by the fact that Gauthier is a top 4 defenseman if used properly. I agree in all your comments on the flaws in Gauthier's game, but you fail to comment on the positive aspects that he brings to a club. In other words, you're presenting a very flawed analysis of a player.

Saku K, thanks for clearing up what I was intending to say. It was (unfortunately) needed here, it seems.