View Single Post
Old
09-22-2011, 03:01 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
So in your mind they didn't draft him because they weren't sure he'd come over so they decided to lie and make themselves look like fools for choosing a kid with no shot to make it over him? Okay...
Actually, in my mind, no.

In my mind, I don't know what to think, but I do realize that there isn't always only one way to see things.

I was throwing out a possible and plausible alternative scenario.

And who do they look like fools to? 50 people chatting up an internet forum? Yes, perhaps the largest in the NHL world, but not even everyone on this board cares. How is the rest of the unknowing Philadelphia Flyerdom supposed to care?

Also, I'd like to see how this all unfolds before I jump to any conclusions. Some of the members of this board are so quick to throw around a ritualistic stomp down on Holmgren's neck for every minor catastrophe. Sometimes they aren't even catastrophes outside of the minds of the people who run around here like they know more than Holmgren.

It's possible he botched this. It's also possible he didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
No one is hyping up Hyka to be anything. It's just crazy they have a prospect they like and botched it up so badly all because refuse to realize the 70's were 40 years ago.
Believe it or not, prospects not wanting to play in North America and instead holding out for more money/more playing time overseas is a very real thing.

In fact, I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you that players choosing to develop overseas has probably ruined quite a few potentially solid NHLers.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote