Thread: Post-Game Talk: Sabres win 3-1 (EN)
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Thorton02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
btw, not that its important but I wonder why the sabres felt compelled to dress a near full lineup this early in the pre season. I dont know if Ruff has always done it like that but its highly irregular.
I'm not trolling because I normally agree that it makes no sense to dress a full lineup in game 2 of the preseason. I think the reason is that atleast on offense, the lineup is pretty much set. There are no open spots to compete for. Aside from Adam, Foligno and Kassian, we don't really have any prospects that are even ready for a sniff of the NHL. We don't have any spots open on defense.

Aside from individual efforts from a few guys, I don't think any Sabres fans is putting much weight into these preseason victories. Frankly, with what we had on paper, our first two games should have been a blowout. Even though they weren't, I'm not too concerned, again...preseason.

I can't wait to see Subban this year. I hope the guy breaks through to the next level. Good luck this year....although, not too much luck.

Thorton02 is offline   Reply With Quote