Old
09-22-2011, 08:56 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Actually, in my mind, no.

In my mind, I don't know what to think, but I do realize that there isn't always only one way to see things.

I was throwing out a possible and plausible alternative scenario.

And who do they look like fools to? 50 people chatting up an internet forum? Yes, perhaps the largest in the NHL world, but not even everyone on this board cares. How is the rest of the unknowing Philadelphia Flyerdom supposed to care?

Also, I'd like to see how this all unfolds before I jump to any conclusions. Some of the members of this board are so quick to throw around a ritualistic stomp down on Holmgren's neck for every minor catastrophe. Sometimes they aren't even catastrophes outside of the minds of the people who run around here like they know more than Holmgren.

It's possible he botched this. It's also possible he didn't.
Just because we are "internet guys" doesn't mean we can't logically deduce that someone or something who is deemed to be more important and intelligent than us, is wrong. It doesn't matter how big or small the decision may be, it is still open to criticism if the process is poorly executed. Who cares if most people don't care ; assuming this process was poorly executed we are still entitled to criticise and be annoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Believe it or not, prospects not wanting to play in North America and instead holding out for more money/more playing time overseas is a very real thing.

In fact, I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you that players choosing to develop overseas has probably ruined quite a few potentially solid NHLers.
Yes, it is a very real thing, but we are discussing a mid level 18 yr old prospect here. He hasn't played a full season of professional hockey yet, and likely wasn't interviewed or followed closely by many teams at all. He likely hasn't developed a sense of what he wants in the long-term. I don't agree with teams who make prospects come to North America at 18, because i don't think it's statistically the best route to take, but i imagine Hyka and many other similar prospects who jump through the rings to go to NA if an NHL team showed interest. We aren't discussing a top European prospect here who really doesn't have to siginficantly care what his NHL team wants him to do, because he's talented enough the team will listen.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote