View Single Post
Old
09-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanrahan View Post
had enough the life here in finland so i sold my house and guit my job. coming to america in november to watch nhl games and snowboard. starting from la, then to sj and then to edm propably...or that's what i've been planning.
-any hints on snowboarding/where should i go??
-any (trance/techno) clubs in la?
Can't help you with the electronic music.

Snowboarding:

In So Cal, I would recommend only one place and that place is ONLY good if you go right after a big storm. That place would be Mt. Baldy. It is a hidden gem. Old rickety lifts. They have about 4 of them and after a storm it takes them some time to dig out. But once you get up on the mountain, you'll be able to find all kinds of untracked powder and the best terrain in So Cal. Mt. High and Big Bear are sufficient resorts to ride but nothing to write home about.

http://mtbaldy.com/

Personally, I'd skip So Cal snowboarding unless you can find a good day to hit Baldy. Go to Mammoth Mountain and/or June Mountain in the Eastern Sierras. Mammoth is a huge mountain and has like 30 chair lifts. June Mountain is smaller but usually less crowded. Finally, I've never been but Tahoe is pretty much the pinnacle of ski/snowboarding in California. That is way up north but if you are going to hit some snowboard spots in California, do Mammoth and one of the Tahoe resorts.

I'm sure you'll be able to find some really sweet spots up in Alberta. Good luck and be safe!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote