View Single Post
Old
10-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Hockeylover

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAebi1
Man, I wish there was a floor-hockey league in my town. You are lucky as hell. I have to play pick-up street hockey.

I like to play defense when we play pick-up though, even though my slapper is sub-par and I'm a much better forward. What I like to do is to anticipate the other players moves before they are made. I think everyone that watches hockey and are playing against people that play hockey can see where the play is going, what way the player will be going. I love it when I can pick things off and head down for a scoring chance.

If you don't mind me asking, hockeylover, where are you from?
Sorry to hear that you don't have organized floor hockey in your area! Maybe there is a gym in a school that you could rent and create a league of your own?

It's funny you ask me where I am from as I was about to tell you! I read "Future Vezina" beside your alvatar. Georges Vezina was from my home town, Chicoutimi. He played with my favourite team, Les Saguenéens de Chicoutimi who play in La Ligue Junior Majeure du Québec. My uncle, Jean-Guy Morissette- was a goalie for Les Saguenéens in the arounds of 1955. My dream was to be goalie for the Montreal Canadiens. I played only two games in organized ice hockey, in the Pee-Wee level. My father told me to forget about it, and focus on school... I know in my heart that I would have made it very far if I had persued hockey.