View Single Post
Old
10-13-2005, 11:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
This reminds me of that game in Carolina last year where we were whipped like bad puppies in every single way and somehow still managed to squeak out a win. Gotta hand it to Mase....he redeemed himself with that incredible save on Nedved for two cotton-soft goals. I don't want to see Sully out on the shootout, ever again. He scores goals with his shot...not his moves....and he tries to be too fancy in the SO. I'd much rather see one of Legwand, Erat or Johnson out there. Got to give credit to the Dogs...that line of Nagy\Nedved\Doan was doing whatever it pleased against us all night and almost made us pay, and LeNeveue really impressed me with some key saves at key times. None of the goals were really his fault.

At any rate, I'm happy we got the win, but with as bad as we played, it's not really satisfying. This is four games in which I think we did enough bad things to lose, but somehow came away with the win. Sooner or later, your luck runs out, and I'm pretty concerned at this point with what I'm seeing.

Oh...and..what's with all the weak clearing attempts? That's the theme for this season. Everyone...and I think Eaton is the most guilty of this...tries to clumsily feather the puck out of the zone, only to have the opposing pointmen(ES or PP) hold the puck in, and the cycle begins again.

4-0. Rah rah.