View Single Post
Old
09-22-2011, 08:30 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
The only reason that Torts moved Dubinsky to the wing was to get him to forget a little about the added responsibility that comes with being a center, and get him to become more consistent offensively.
Not sure I agree with this sentiment. You're making it sound like (and if this wasn't your intent, I apologize) Dubinsky could just as easily have stayed at center, or should eventually go back to it, which is something I don't agree with. He was moved because it was becoming apparent that his skillset, and his abilities, were simply better suited for that position. He doesn't have the playmaking skills to be a top center, which is something that he still doesn't appear to completely be willing to accept at times (though he continues to improve in that regard). He's better suited as a goalscoring power forward-esque player who can create room for his linemates with the ability to occassionally flash some vision, as well. His issue, IMO, is that he can get carried away with trying to do too much playmaking. But I digress...

(SSM, this part isn't aimed at you so much, just in general for the thread...)Stepan does have the skillset to be a puck distributor (even if he didn't show enough of it last season). Now, although most of the top playmakers in the league are centers, there are exceptions. St. Louis, Kane, Hemsky, to name a few, are their team's top playmakers and do it from the wing. Now, Stepan could very well do the same thing...but why? If he's already a center, why alter that. Strength down the middle, especially in terms of playmaking and creativity and the ability to dominate the puck in the other team's zone...the value of this can't be overstated.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote