View Single Post
Old
09-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Fozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Disagree...I don't think he's necessarily done anything to lock down the spot, but I also don't think anyone else has done enough to wrestle the job away from him. I think the plan all along was to have Engqvist step into this role this year, they groomed him all of last year in the AHL for this and now his former coach, is assistant coach in Montreal.

Engqvist plays well positionally, is reliable in his own end, he's a right handed shot and can win some faceoffs...

The only guys who really stand to challenge him are Brock Trotter and Aaron Palushaj...and I think the onus is more on them to show JM they're worthy of that 13th forward spot.
Engqvist does a lot of the little things that make him valuable in Martin's eye and that give him the edge to get the 4th line center spot. He doesn't take any risks and always thinks defense first. Has soon as his linemate looses the puck, he's getting back in a position to help the d-men. He's not flashy by any stretch of the imagination but he brakes up a lot of plays and will gain confidence offensively in time. I think he's almost got the spot locked up already.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote