View Single Post
Old
09-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Edgeworth*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
To be honest, this makes no sense - unless Spezza has made trade "comments" again...I mean, we really really REALLY can't afford to lose Spezza...and we have too many defenseman as it is...so what would be coming back that makes sense from a Leafs POV?

I really wouldn't be happy with Kadri + 1st + something mediocore, but that's really the only trade that would make sense...

Hopefully this is wrong.
It would have to be based on how long Bryan Murray thinks the rebuild will take. Having 2/3 extra 1st round picks goes a long way, regardless of where abouts they are in the draft, people don't give them up for cheap anymore.

I'm assuming Murray would ask for Colborne since your C depth would be Ziba - Regin - Stone? and a giant 2-way playmaker would be nice. Maybe Kadri? Frattin could also be of interest because of his size, heavy shot and recent progress. Maybe add one of the Leafs goalies to Ottawa in case Lehner takes a step back in development?

There's a lot the Leafs could offer. Not top end blue chippers but a nice package overall that puts the Sens in a great position for the rebuild which is exactly what Murray is charged with doing for the team.