View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 12:03 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Look, I live in Calgary. And Sutter needs to cut payroll. But he needs help up front so I see a Gauthier for Sundstrom and a pick deal as being equal. Remember, Daryll loves Niklas for his 3rd line work when they were together in San Jose. It makes perfect sense. We'd also have to remove Quintal to make room. St. Louis needs help on the blueline without Jackman for a month and MacInnis maybe for good. If the Cgy. deal was made, we could then give Quintal and Dackell to the Blues for Dallas Drake, he'd be a good 3rd liner. I'm afraid trading Rivet would throw off Saku. I wish it wouldn't; they have some stupid Kariya-Selanne type thing going on that makes one or the other worse off if the other gets traded. Be professionals and play the same with or without your pal, I say. I think Koivu hasn't come back to the lineup perhaps because Gainey has yet to complete a trade that gets rid of Perreault and all that. Whatever the case, it can't be a 1-on-1 deal. We'd need to get 1 or 2 less regulars in return, than we trade off.