View Single Post
Old
09-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Regular season line-up

JVR - Giroux - Voracek.
This one is a given. You keep the three breakout* players on one line. All young guys and hopefully Voracek develops the same chemistry with Giroux as JVR did. Voracek is looking for a payday, so i'd imagine with what he has shown in the preseason that we are going to see a special year from him with his idol playing on the other line.

Jagr - Briere - Hartnell
Put the old man line together. Same as above, We all hope that Jagr will do a better job than leino did on this line. Which would be great for the flyers. 65+ points , Briere 30 goals.

Read(Couturier) - Schenn - Simmonds
I'm not against C making the team. I want him to do it, but so far Read has proven that he looks ready to take the next step while Couturier is being bullied off the puck. He needs weight, and lots of it. My guess is that the flyers hold onto Couturier for 18 games. 9 played, 9 benched to make his time here longer. Subbing him in and out of the line-up with Matt Read. That way he gets a good taste of NHL action, it gives him time to see exactly what is needed and it gives him NHL level fitness programs.

Talbot - Betts - Nodl
Sestito

Fourth line looks pretty darn good from here. Sestito makes the perfect 13th forward who can sub in. He has underrated hands and can play a roll on the top 3 lines for a short period of time just as nodl did. If Betts shoulder goes then I would want Rinaldo as the first call up rolling the line of Sestito - Talbot - Nodl.

Pronger - Carle
Timonen - Gustaffson
Coburn - Mezaros
Lilja

It's sink or swim time for Coburn. If he cannot hack being away from Timonen then we have no use for him on this team. With Mezaros he gets our best defenseman from last year, so it shouldn't dent his performance too much. For kimmo he gets the youngster. Someone that looks NHL ready, and needs to take the next step. He looks like a carbon copy of kimmo. What better partner to have.

Bobrovsky - starter
Bryz - backup

Just trollin on by

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote