View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 11:23 AM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
I think Gauthier is a decent defenseman a lot better then some of you make him to be. But in the same time, he's overly hyped. In order to acquire him, we'll have to overpay, so in other words, I wouldn't trade for him. Mike8 is right, if the Habs wanted Gauthier, a player like Bulis or Zednik is what Calgary would want. They can't get Hossa, Komi, Hainsey or Ryder, they don't want Ribeiro when they already have competent centermen. They're not going to be interested in Perreault if he's a UFA after this year and don't even mention Sundstrom or Dackell, those guys are only going to fetch you draft picks. Also from the Habs standpoint, in order to make room for Gauthier, they would have to send a defenseman the other way which makes no sense for the trade to take place in the first place from Calgary's point of view. And Gauthier doesn't ALWAYS look for the hit, what kind of retard do you take Sutter for? He would have to be one to allow his players do what they want to do. Everybody exagerates but give me a break!