View Single Post
Old
09-23-2011, 10:13 AM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
surpised i haven't seen these posted elsewhere about MZA (very possible i missed it)

AGrossRecord Andrew Gross @
@danilo1717 At this point, Zuccarello might have to play himself off, not onto, the team.
16 hours ago

@AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Very good sign for Mats Zuccarello that he's heavily involved with #NYR PP practice. On a unit with Boyle and Stepan.

the writing is on the wall, its his spot to lose
Yeah I think this was pretty obvious as soon as those practice groups came out yesterday.

Because honestly, who is competing for that spot with Zuke? Avery? We all know how Torts feels about him and if it comes down to Sean vs. 24 year old with offensive upside is there really a question who is going to win out for Torts?

My only issue with it is Zuke being used on the 4th line makes no sense to me. It would make more sense if Renney was coaching this team or we had someone who was committed to rolling 4 lines, but that's not usually the case with Torts. Obviously him being used on the PP makes a ton of sense and depending on how much ice he gets there makes it a better decision.

At this point Avery is looking like the 13th forward/Hartford callup and will get random games when Torts thinks that Zuke or someone else is slacking (or injuries) and he thinks this team needs an infusion of energy.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote