Thread: 2011-12 line up
View Single Post
Old
09-23-2011, 02:20 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
He's been defensively responsible in the pre-season and looked impressive on the PK. We all know that lavy likes the first part in a player and tends to reward players who defend strongly.

He's also shown glimmers of the offensive ability that he has and appears to be developing a good chemistry with Simmonds. He also looks absolutely dominant in the face-off circle, which can help with point production. I think the main thing is that he doesn't look out of place.

Last year in the 8 games he played for the kings he looked very good offensively but couldn't bury the puck. He was really snakebitten. Asking around kings fans, he was in the right position so many times to score but missed the net. Probably through nerves and a bit of a cold streak.
I agree that he looks solid defensively so far, and his work in the face-off circle so far is really promising. To go from that to a 60-point season is a big leap however. I mean, with the way our forwards are set up, there's a lot that points towards Schenn being used on the pk rather than the pp.

JvR, Roo, Brière, Hartnell, Voracek, Jagr, Pronger, Timonen, Carle, Mes are the most likely people on our top pp units I would say and then you have Simmonds, Schenn, Read if he makes it, Gustafsson if he makes it, maybe even Coburn. Point is, Schenn most likely won't see much pp time unless there are some injuries to our top 6 forwards, so to expect really strong numbers from him isn't really fair imo. Even if he will see a lot of pp time, 60 pts would be quite a lot to ask from him.

Jeff Skinner had 63 pts last year, and over 3 minutes per game on the pp

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote