View Single Post
Old
09-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
And how do you know this with any degree of certainty? Hockey fans can be low-brows, too. You don't think there were many Canucks fans right in the middle of the Vancouver riots? I'm not dumping on the Red Wings org or fanbase; it's just too easy a blanket pardon for our fellow hockey fanciers.

What I'd like to see in an instance like this is that the ref stops the play and penalizes the home team. Last night, he could have whistled down Simmonds and signalled an automatic goal. Or during a play in regulation, stop the play and issue a bench minor. Of course, that opens up the prospect of fans of the visitors intentionally pulling these stunts; that's the weak spot of my argument.
If you pull that stunt off in an arena, you are not a hockey fan. Just like a football hooligan going to the matches so they can arrange fights isn't a football fan.

I don't care how many matches you attend or watch. It's a disgrace and the red wings shouldn't be blasted for one idiot in the crowd. I really hope that the crowd identified him.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote