Old
09-23-2011, 02:18 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Have you watched him?

I think I'm in the minority but I saw him in person twice so far this pre-season and I thought he looked really unimpressive. He is quite slow and very weak, and just doesn't look like he's ready to hang at the NHL level at all to me right now.

To me, he looks like JVR used to except that JVR at least had wheels. JVR has since bulked up and learned to use his body a bit, and is now very effective.
He does indeed need to bulk up, but don't you think being with an NHL trainer and nutritionist will spur that 100% more than going back to Drummondville to dominate 17 year olds? I agree he looked fairly average during camp, but in the games he's looked pretty good.

Remember he's essentially a defense first forward who sometimes needs to be reminded that he needs to contribute more offensively, and from what I've seen so far, he's been excellent defensively.

I'm not saying he's a lock to play this season in the NHL. I do absolutely think he should play 9 games to start the regular season and the team make a decision based off of that.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote