View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Patty Roy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150
Actually I think I would do that deal.

I think I have about as unbiased of an opinion as it's going to get, considering Calgary and Montreal are my two favorite teams. I don't want one or the other getting screwed in a trade, and I believe a trade such as this is very even. I would be very pleased if it was consummated.

I would love to see Denis in Montreal. Some people overrate him sure, but some people just have a hate-on for him, as evidenced above. It is my opinion that he is a top 4 defenseman on most teams in the nhl.

Bulis in Calgary would also be great. Sure he's a Euro, which is a black mark against a player with sutter as a gm, but he plays more of a NA game. Good checker, not too much of a wuss, and can put the puck in the net once in a while.

Good trade.
I like Gauthier and would love to see him in Montreal...but i just happen to like Bulis more at this point. His size, speed and 2 way play will, IMO, eventually make him a great linemate for Saku Koivu, whenever Koivu is cleared to play. Bulis' point totals may be dissapointing to start this season, but i've really liked what i've seen from him so far.

This time last year i really wanted Gauthier in Montreal...but with Souray coming back healthy and looking strong, i just don't think the Habs have as great a need for a guy like Gauthier...especially when Mike Komisarek is already out of the lineup as it is with our current depth on defence.

I think Bulis for Gauthier is probably fair value wise, i just wouldn't make the trade.