View Single Post
Old
09-23-2011, 10:54 PM
MS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
No kidding. I started to get more and more pissed off as I was typing that and almost went off on a rant.

I don't know what is more ludicrous; the fact that Murphy would do that or the fact that nothing was really done about him admitting to doing that.

I personally know a few people that as much as they love hockey, between that incident, the Rome suspension and the Marchand non-suspension (the Raymond incident) are having a really hard time looking forward to this season and the NHL in general.
My interest/enjoyment are definitely down. It's not fun following the sport when players on your team are regularly hurt by cheapshots with no suspensions and no reaction from the media, while at the same time your players are suspended for clean/legal plays and turned into villians by everyone associated with the game. The whole back half of last season was a witchhunt of a #1 team that the Toronto media and US media wanted to see fail, which the idiots at the NHL went along with.

Aaron Rome was concussed on a blatant hit from behind in the SJ series with no suspension, then gets kicked out of the playoffs for mis-timing a hit by 0.2 seconds.

And yeah, the 'consulting Burke' thing is still utterly astonishing and makes my blood boil.