View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 01:16 PM
rodmtl

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to rodmtl
Hi again,

About Bouillon and Hainnsey... the explanation is super simple...
At the beginning of the season, Julien told both Bouillon and Hainsey that they will be sharing the 6th defenseman position.

I think this is for lots of reason... some say it is the confidence... this is one point.
Second, don't forget that our 8th and 9th defensman and labelled NHL (Traverse and Dykhuis) : for example, they would of make the Caps starting line up for sure if they were playing for them... and lots of other teams as well... There is too many traffic and competition on the defence line and I think we are waisting talent ... I did not mention Komisarek who, in my book, should get a start way before Traverse and Dykhuis since he is our future...By playing both little Bouillon and big Hainsey in a system that make defensmens look good, we are in a better position for a trade. Other teams will start looking at Montreal defence lines and start drewling about it... So I think it is easyer to then convince a GM of "buying" a Bouillon or anyone else (not that I don t like Bouillon... )
But a trade for what? If I was GM, I would go for the future, even though the team is having a great start... The only thing that would interest me would be draft pick and future considerations...
I m sure we can get good stuff in exchange of Traverse, Dykhuis and Bouillon, and why not Kilger and Sundstrom (Sundstrom because we already have a similar player in Dakell, who is cheaper and will not be playing for long, which is good since we will have to make space for prospects, and that for the next 3 years to come...)...
by trading the following, I don t think we will cause damages to our team, and it will force us to use youngsters as back up players instead of "suspects" like Kilger, traverse or Dykhuis...
by the way, Bouillon will have a one way deal next year, Dykhuis earns something like 1.6 $ (millions of course!), Kilger, another million, Sundstom ... almost 2...

c ya