View Single Post
Old
09-24-2011, 02:09 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Are you expecting a full team for every game? With my team, which has started to round out a bit better after two years but being a mixed group certainly struggled with that problem, we always seemed to do best when we had 8 forwards show up. We'd put our two best players at center to rotate and have 3 pairs at wing. I know from experience that as a beginner LW/RW is by far the easiest position to play, and it makes a world of difference playing with an experienced center playing.

So as an arm chair coach you probably have the right idea with the dmen as putting the two inexperienced guys together would likely be a disaster. For the forwards though I'd say your best bet is to put 3 good players down the middle, take the remaining 2 good players as the first players (and if you really want to win make them the PP unit). Partner up the remaining 4 poor players as a wingers and get them to stay on the point in your own end and gradually learn how to get the puck out and dump & chase or chip it into the middle for the center to pick up and gain the zone, and crash the net in the offensive end. It may be a struggle to even get a shot on net but if the puck is always moving up and down the ice the other team is less likely to score.

This is basically how my initiation from 1 year in a beginners division in one league to the upper tier division in another league went. 2 years later I actually have pretty good chemistry with the guy I always played with that first year, when we'd be lucky to get a shot on net during a game.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote