View Single Post
Old
09-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Dale Weise: He looked great. His hits are meant to drive the opponent through the wall, he has a good shot and can see the ice well. Compared to Newbury, who is a career AHL top-6 power forward, he looks clearly superior, so people shouldn't say he's just a minor leaguer. He's been at least as good as many of the Ranger vets like Avery, Christ, etc.

That said, I don't want to have him sit on the bench because he's still just 23. I would send him down and make him the first forward to get called up. For long-term injuries, I would rather call up Weise than play Avery or Christ. Those tho should only come in for 1-2 games when someone else needs to sit due to a minor bruise or the flu.

Next year, I definitely see Weise on the Rangers, with Feds, Avery and Christ gone.

MZA: Should make the team so that Step could have someone to pass to. Our second line of Dubi - AA - Cally should be our checking (or two-way) line since all three do that very well. MZA with Step gives us offensive fire power on the third line.

Carl Hagelin: Will be a good third liner, but not yet. Needs time in the AHL to polish his skills. Lacks the creativity to be a second liner, but tremendous speed, solid hands and good defense. Needs to bulk up physically a little before playing in the NHL. When Feds, Avery and Christ are gone, he should take one of their spots.

Michael Del Zotto: Lost all the confidence he had in prior years. Looks scared out there. Still shows flashes of ability, but he's too terrified and overthinks. He needs to start in the AHL and once he regains his confidence, he can get called back up to the NHL some time this winter.

Brandan Bell: Not bad for a #7 defenseman. Looked better than Valentenko. Not sure if I would pick him over Eminger.

Pavel Valentenko: This may be it for Vally. He hasn't looked great. He looks to be a career AHLer. In a year, he'll be back in the KHL.

Tim Erixon: Should make the team, with or without Staal. He's solid back there, calm, cool and makes very few mistakes. By mid-season, he'll be making almost flawless defensively.

Last edited by Beacon: 09-24-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote