View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Perhaps I should have said that I have these tickets available and left his name out of it? But I offered and he said yes.
Beyond the name dropping... probably yes. But you have and suggested he is seeking offer bids on the tickets. I don't doubt Bergeron has good intentions. I don't doubt he is not a dumb or greedy guy. And I also doubt he has any plans to use the profits to set up a sweat shot in outer Mongolia.

I may have jumped the gun with my original comments but like many frustrated Oiler fans on this board we're stuck on the outside looking in on this historic game. I've tried to secure tickets via season ticket holders I know, purchase via the web when public tickets went on sale, via personal corporate and media contacts, and the 'big contest.' The result? Nada. Zip. Zero. This is simply a precious commodity which no one wishes to part with - history in the making. My last remaining options? E-Bay, game day scalpers, or the Bergie lottery which you have initiated on his behalf.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I trust Bergie will find willing buyers for these tickets. It is indeed up to him to determine fair market value.