View Single Post
Old
09-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Ke11y96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Except, as has been pointed out, many successful NHL teams these days roll with 3 scoring lines and use their 4th line for pure "checkers." Look at this lineup for example:

Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik
Wolski - Anisimov - Callahan
Rupp - Stepan - MZA
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

That gives you a checking 4th line, but also a 2nd line that's got two very solid defensive players. Both of your top lines have a defensive presence, but also the ability to score. Stepan and MZA have a (very) big body with a lot of experience to open up space for their creativity, go to the net, and stick up for them if the situation calls for it.
Thats definitely valid, in an overall comparison of careers I think Rupp has a career high of 19 points. Whereas Fedotenko is good for 25 to 30 so I still would flip flop those two. I agree though that it really doesn't matter whether its 2nd or 3rd line for either Anisimov or Stepan. I just think Stepan has a more polished offensive game than Anisimov at this point. Although on the flip side Anisimov has a much better defensive game. So it'll be interesting, more than anything I want Dubinsky on that top line.

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote