View Single Post
Old
09-24-2011, 12:56 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah, makes me uncomfortable about the situation with him.

Was it something where he needed to pick it up and the trade gave him a fresh start? Is it an issue with the Rangers AHL development team? Why did he feel that he needed a trade away from the Rangers?

It concerns me a bit, but we'll see what happens with him this year and whether he's found the consistency he has lacked up to this point
The player requesting the trade points squarely to HIS belief that the issue is with management.

When he then goes on to blossom IMMEDIATELY post-trade, it goes a long way towards showing he was right.

I've been getting progressively more and more concerned about Gernander for a long time now. It seems he can develop players who are defense-first hustle guys like Callahan, who play the game similarly to how he himself played. But, he's displayed no acumen to deal with talented offensive players - indeed, they seem to stagnate under him. We got a glimpse at Gernander in the TC between periods clips - and he was AWFUL. Granted, it was an artificial situation with a team that had been thrown together and it was only a little bit of exposure, but still - I was left INCREDIBLY unimpressed.

If it turns out we let a 6'4" monster who can skate and shoot go (for a 3rd round pick! ) because of this idiot... I want him gone. Now.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote