View Single Post
Old
09-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Rickety Cricket

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
So, who gets picked up off that waiver list.

The most likely ones, to me, are

-Shaone Morrisonn: Overpaid, sure, but he's still got enough left in the tank, I assume, to be the #6-7 guy on a few teams (Edmonton, NY Rangers, NY Islanders etc.)
-Johan Backlund: He looks like he could be a decent NHL backup, all that's missing is the opportunity. Maybe Columbus takes a Flyer (Ha!) with Dekanich out. San Jose would also be a possibility with Niittymaki out, but they seem confident with Thomas Greiss as their backup.
-Stefan Legein: I think the "retirement" probably put most teams off of him, but you've got to think that there's some scouts who were high on him in his draft year who are maybe in a position to convince their GMs to take a flyer (Ha! Ha!) on him.
-Pavel Valentenko: All bets were on him being a part of the Rangers' blueline this season, but a bad camp followed by an awful preseason put an end to that. A team counting on a rookie to make their blueline might be well served to grab Valentenko and see if he can push them for a job (Carolina, Ottawa or New Jersey, for instance).
-Eric Godard: They don't come much scarier than Godard. The two year deal (with the second year being one-way) will likely scare off most suitors, whom, realistically, could have just signed him in July if they wanted him. That said, someone who is annoyed with their team's performance or lack of toughness, might just grab him.
I doubt SJ looks at goalies for now. Greiss seems pretty capable.