View Single Post
Old
09-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Habs: Junior impact

Habs: Junior impact

When the NHLPA and the NHL finally agreed and signed the last CBA, everyone in the hockey world knew that there would be some major changes in the way teams manage their finances and mostly, their roster. But while some teams had some vision, others still tried to build their team like they did before. The teams with the most success are the ones whose GM understood the importance of drafting and of player development, as the more productive young players are at the entry level contract, the more money they have to pursue higher end UFA’s. More and more teams now understand that concept and Pierre Gauthier and the Canadiens are no different.

With the rapid emergence of P.K. Subban, arguably the top defenseman already in Montreal, with Carey Price being named the most valuable player last year, and with the breakthrough of Max Pacioretty, the Habs are benefiting first hand of this phenomena.

I don’t recall the last time when I was this excited about a group of young players this early in the season. Wait… yes I do...

Read more: Habs: Junior impact

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote