View Single Post
Old
09-24-2011, 04:26 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
It's funny when I hear people say that Couturier hasn't looked good or he's been average in the pre-season. I've seen every game so far and other than the first period of the Toronto pre-season opener, Couturier has been fabulous. You can tell that he's going to be a very special player. His hockey sense is so good, it's border line ridiculous, especially for an 18 year old. He's ALWAYS in the right place at the right time. His defensive game is second to none and he's only going to get better and better. Sending him back to junior won't do him any good. He's beyond the junior game at this point and if putting him on the wing while he gets his strength up to par is the way to go, then so be it.

Give it three seasons and he'll be a 100 point producer. He looks more and more like the second coming of Eric Staal every game and if I remember correctly, Staal also was accused of not being strong enough or quick enough to play the NHL game. He still stuck though. Same with Jeff Skinner. Once again, this is a case of a guy who has an enormous hockey IQ and sense to go along with it. Philadelphia is where Couturier needs to be, especially where the management and strength and conditioning group can keep a continuous eye on him.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote