View Single Post
Old
09-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Mika Pyorala looked great in camp. Means nothing. Last season was an embarrassment for Rinaldo so he needs more than a few games in camp to prove he is more of a hockey player.
Mika Pyorala also played some really smart hockey for us during the season. I don't know why he fell out of Lavy's favour, but I really liked him.

And for Rinaldo, well, he IS trying to play. He has scored the nicest goal of the preseason so far too, so it's not like he has no offensive instincts or scoring talent.

You can't compare him to goons like Shelley et al. He's a Carcillo/Avery type. A small fast disturber. But he has better skills than he gets credit for.

He really needs to stop taking stupid penalties, and it's not accident they are playing him with Talbot, who can teach him to thrive as pest.

If a list of 'prospects' includes stiffs who will never play in the NHL (guys like Marshall and Bourdon who are already behind Lauridsen and Kessel on my depth chart - and probably many others), and ignores actual prospects that will play in the NHL, what friggin' use is it?

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote