View Single Post
Old
09-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
My obervations:

Woywitka seems completely lost in general. I think he will be a solid #9 once he gets used to our system

Carey Price: looked quite good, the goals against him were more related to choppy defensive play. Not necessarily just defenceman, but team defence. To be expected with all these players who have barely played together.

Mark Mitera got two assists and was generally invisible, which is a good sign for a defensive defenceman.

Josh Gorges looks like he is more powerful than he has ever been. However, I do believe he has lost some straight line speed. He will be a mainstay on our PK all year.

Palushaj: in the 1st period I was ready to write him off to Hamilton. However, he really established a presence later on in the game and finished with two assists. He is not overly big, but he isnt weak either. His speed is sufficient for the NHL game and so is his vision. I think this guy is making a case to remain on the big club or at least play 20 games.

Gabe Dumont: Wow, this kid is going to be a GREAT bottom six player. He has hustle, intelligence and skill. I can see him getting 60 points this season in Hamilton! Maybe even a couple of call-ups. Chapeau Guy Boucher.

Dany Masse: This guy was a step behind on every single sequence. I feel bad for him however, because he has had injury problems. Career minor leaguer at this point.

Philip Lefevbre: He was better than Masse and will likely be a solid AHLer.

Archambault: The talent is definitely there and you could see he was pumped. I was surprised with his strength considering his size. However, his positioning leaves something to be desired. With good coaching and dedication he should be a solid 2nd liner.

Desimone: I like his hustle, his hockey IQ and his overall positioning. His skating is quite good in terms of speed, but his balance and stride are someone awkward. I think we should sign him. He was noticable in a good way.

Plekanec: seemed off tonight, not worried.

Cammalleri: Granted he was playing against weaker competition, but I think he is ready for this season. He wants to be a leading scorer in the league.

Beaulieu: One of the goals was directly his fault because he tried to skate through the neutral zone ala PK Subban; but he lost the puck and it went the other way for an odd man rush. This guy is a GEM. Skating stride is flawless and he has phenemonal hands and vision. He has size and he definitely has confidence. Monster season from him this year. Future top 3 defender in the NHL.

Spacek: I think he is going to have his best season as a Canadien. His footspeed is up as well. Finally, I think he should chip in 25-30 points this season. It appears his shot has improved from his awful low point shot that ALWAYS got blocked. Spacek has a guaranteed spot.

Moen: Seemed fine, but to be honest this guy could end up losing his spot by seasons end.