View Single Post
Old
09-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Pre-season and training camp is a pretty small sample-size to completely write off a player as being able to play in the NHL, ESPECIALLY a young player that has shown ability in the past... didn't he have an absolutely FANTASTIC training camp last year?

What's the harm in another team seeing if he's a fit? He's young, and until a month ago was a valuable commodity. If I'm a team like Edmonton, Florida, Columbus, Minnesota... teams that clearly lack young talent on the blueline, I take that chance every day of the week. What's the worst that happens: you just put him back on waivers.

I can't see Valentenko going unclaimed... too much there to not at least get an up-close look for free.
Florida lacks young talent on the blueline???? Where do you see that? They have Kulikov who's just 20 yrs old in their top 4 and both Ellerby and Gudbranson are expected to make the roster. But both of them will be fighting for icetime after Tallon brought in Jovo & Campbell to be top 4 guys. And if you look further down the depth chart, the Panthers have Robak in the AHL and Petrovic looked good in camp. The Panthers are an extremely deep team at probably all positions except maybe center, and they really only need an upgrade on their top line so Weiss can play a more natural 2nd line.