Thread: Trade Bait
View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 05:03 PM
Takeo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foligno17
Now that one tenth of the season is behind us, I thought I'd take a look at the most likely players to get traded by the deadline.

1) Maxim Afinogenov

Max has one point in six games played and we haven't missed him in the two games he's been scratched. His obvious skills make him attractive to a team that misses the playoffs. Dumont is getting some production and is a more complete player who can play either wing for about the same salary. He can also play on a checking line with some success.

2) Henrik Tallinder

I like this guy, but he's been terrible. We have two more young defensemen. I'm still convinced that Kalinin will be a good one and that Campbell could turn into a decent offensive DMan.

3) Alexei Zhitnik

Only if we're out of the playoff hunt. Then this could be a salary dump.

4) Martin Biron

The other two goaltenders are too young and make too little to even consider trading. The most likely scenario is that all three stay in the Sabres organization at least one more year.

5) Tim Connolly

By virtue of not playing a game so far this season, Connolly isn't the worst perfoming player on the team. He is the youngest forward on the roster, and should be given more time to succeed in Buffalo. I doubt that he goes anywhere.

I'll look at this again in another eight games.
I would take Max, Tallinder, and Zhitnik off the block and replace them with Dumont, Brown, and Campbell. But that's just me.