View Single Post
Old
09-25-2011, 02:00 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
You're not incorrect - he did have some attitude issues in Val D'Or, and it's one of the reasons he was traded, but this was a 16-year-old kid picked first overall...not the first young lad with an over-developed sense of self worth and won't be the last. Being traded should have been a wake-up call for him...he now knows he wasn't bigger than the team, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him mature quickly. Mike Hoffman is a good example of a kid who wore out his welcome with TWO organizations..and almost two leagues, before ending up in Drummondville and turning his attitude around

Timmins and co. heard the talk... but they also saw the talent. After trading down for a third pick in the 4th round, it was decided to take a chance on him..then they took a hands on approach and brought him into Montreal to work with NHLers this summer.

Based on what I saw from him last night...he's catching on. Looks like a very good prospect, and I expect a big year from him production-wise.

Good article in the Globe last week...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2164965/
He looked a bit nervous yesterday, wanted to pass the puck too much but that kid has tremenduous hands. If as Timmins said he improved his work ethic while training with Darche and co, we might see him have an impressive year with Drummond. I think that's the best assestment we could make about that trade, a wake-up call for Olivier. Seems like the flies will keep Couturier around so he'll be relied on a lot this year.