View Single Post
Old
09-25-2011, 03:38 PM
trentmccleary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
Greening-Spezza-Butler

Greening was flying last night, really using his size and speed to drive the net and hunt down pucks. I really think that at this point he's a better fit for the 1st line. it pushes filatov(as good as he was playing) way down to the 4th, but i would use him on the pp and 4 on 4 every chance.
I didn't see that last night at all. I saw a forechecker who barely touched the puck last night and didn't create any offense for himself or his linemates. He doesn't look like he belongs on the 1st line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
I am not very good with the cap rules and numbers and all but if we "get rid" of Kuba won't we be below the cap floor and need to take on a contract to replace his?
We would be. Bonuses would be the only thing keeping us above and we'd fall below the moment that they weren't earned... which means that we'd likely end up below the cap floor and subject to league penalties by the end of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Really? Does Filip Kuba look good to you in pre-season? Does Mark Parrish look NHL ready to you? Or will this all change in the regular season?

I like Lehner as my starter then Anderson and I like his on ice presence, veteran or not, take away Anderson's 4 year deal and compare them on pre-seasn play alone and Lehner would gte the starting job.
Foligno and Filatov outscored the league's scoring leaders in preseason last year. Preseason doesn't mean a whole lot. Anderson is way ahead of Lehner right now because he's a much more proven pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
I think Anderson has to answer the same questions, to me Anderson hasn't proven anything to make me believe he's the hands down starter of tis team if anything he's gone from non-playoff team to non-playoff team and been unspectacular his entire career.
Lehner has a bright future ahead of him, but he just put up an .880 SV% while playing 8 of the most cherry-picked games in an attempt to shelter him. You think he went from 3rd stringer to #1 since then?