View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Energy wise, and offensive chances created, the team played very well, but 3 players stood out in a very very bad way, and unforntunately all are defenseman. Both Rivet and Markov had BRUTAL nights, bad giveways (Markov) and missed coverage (Rivet). Quintal also looked very bad especially on that powerplay goal.

I think Hossa showed why he is on that line tonight. He was by far the best player on his line, always in the play, going to the net and working the boards. I only wish he would have passed it to Ribeiro instead of shot in the second (I think) when Ottawa botched up the reverse play around the net.

Audette, oh what to do with him. Frankly, he just isn't NHL calibre right now, and that line continues to struggle against good teams. The lack of a guy like Koivu centering that line is abundantly clear. They cannot create off the rush, and Perreault and Audette just can't work the corners good enough on a consistent basis.

Souray was a beast again. Man that guy can shoot, and played solid physical hockey.

Overall, Ottawa by no means dominated, the score doesn't reflect it, but the game came down to Ottawa capitalizing on scoring chances, Montreal didn't, and some very costly errors and mental mistakes on behalf of the aforementioned players.