View Single Post
Old
09-26-2011, 05:04 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Watched him for the first time this season today and to me his skating looks to have gotten worse. I also was hearing that during the World Under 18's earlier this summer.

That's a major concern for me.

I know he missed some time last year and maybe that has slowed his progress a bit, but it shouldn't have hurt his skating this much. Last year he looked big, quick, agile, strong, powerful.

This year he looks kind of clumsy.

The only thing I can think of besides injury would be the fact that maybe he grew an inch or two over the summer.
I was posting about this when he came back from injury, I hoped it was just him shaking off the rust but if it's a concern now I might start to get a little worried. He was fumbling around with the puck and not getting to his spots in the playoffs or end of the season last year. I'll be at the game Friday vs. MH so I'll probably post after watching him then.

He definitely struggled a bit and was fighting the play at u-18's I heard. Could also be a confidence thing as he was playing behind Rielly, Pouliot and Dumba and was fighting for ice-time for likely the first time in his life.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote