Thread: Confirmed with Link: Montreal Signs Chris Campoli..1 year/1.75M
View Single Post
Old
09-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Gainey#1*

vCash: 500
I think it is pretty clear that either Markov is out until at least Christmas, or Yemelin is back to Russia.

I find it very strange that MTL management is so quiet regarding Markov. They are renowned to always play their cards close to their chest, but this is really strange. Clearly they are trying to protect Markov, and don't want the media/fans finding out that his season could be in jeopardy.

We have updates on Eller, Desharnais, Subban and White, but not Markov. He is still skating on his own, at a very pedestrian pace. I can't imagine any situation where Markov progresses to practices with the team (no-contact) to contact practices and finally to game shape.

It is one thing skating on your own to test a knee out, but skating full speed, stopping and starting, turning and taking hits from players on a regular shift is totally different. His knee has not been exposed to those variables. For all we know, it will explode on the next body-check.

Markov is my favorite player, so I wish him the best of luck, but let's take off the blinders and call it as it is, not good.

Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote