View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 06:52 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
I'm not worried about this at all. For one thing you need look no further to what happened to the Oates and Thomases that want to play but cant get their price. With a luxury tax looming you can be certain the teams that would covert these type of players wont be able to. Dallas is trying to get down, the Blues wont take on payroll, on and on. The Broons have planned for this day and imo when the dust settles they'll keep whoever they want. They also will be dealing specifically with Rolston and Murray who have openly stated they want to remain Broons. This wont be Allison's NBA 'show me the money to show me respect'; or Billy Guerin getting a Godfather offer he can't refuse. All the players you mentioned are good players- some B/B+ others B or B-. The offers CAN'T be ludicrious because of the impact they will have on a teams payroll. The Broons will be in the drivers seats not only with the players you mentioned but other free agents.

Bottom line- the Broons are well off in talent, payroll flexability and prospects. I see no reason to even waste one brain cell at this time worrying about this. Enjoy the Bruins win and the Yankees getting beaten by a team with a payroll less than 1/3 rd of theirs. Oh, Big Stein has probably fired everyone- that senile old fool. All the euphoria of beating the Sox ended in a train wreck just like all the glee of beating the A's for us ended similar. Misery likes company, welcome aboard Yankees and your tix cost twice ours