View Single Post
Old
10-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
With Perreault, I think it is important that we now go out and pick up a center in the UFA market next year. He'll be 35 by the time the playoffs roll around and I'm not sure he is an option for next year.

While I love his faceoff ability and he's got good puck skills, I really do think he holds back his linemates at times. He balances that out by creating scoring chances with his faceoffs, but I'd rather have a good faceoff man with skilll that can skate than a great faceoff man with skills that can't skate.

After this season, we are going to have some extra forwards. Adam Hall might be on the outside looking in as well as one of our top 4 wingers. And if Hartnell takes the next step, we might have even more pushing and shoving for roster spots. I think we can use the excess talent to attempt to grab a center/Dman and pick the other up in a UFA market.
If Steve Rucchin was an UFA, he would be an interesting possibility, but he would still be a stop gap. Still he has decent speed, good faceoff skills, and he is a former captain that knows how to play defense.